Tuesday, December 22, 2009

When Palin asks people to pray for the oil companies to build a pipeline, is that blasphemous? Christians only?

Not at all.When Palin asks people to pray for the oil companies to build a pipeline, is that blasphemous? Christians only?
I'm a Christian. I'm a Democrat. I'm pro-life, anti- gay marriage, anti stem cell research and anti- givign illegal aliens anmesty. I'm voting for Obama. Palin asking people to pray for a pipeline is something she should have kept personal. That should she be praying about. And God hears all prayers but He gives the ability to think and act on our own so we don't need to pray for things we can handle on our own. For example, I don't need to pray and ask God to feed me. I just need to use my own ability to pick up a spoon and feed myself. This makes me question her judgement.When Palin asks people to pray for the oil companies to build a pipeline, is that blasphemous? Christians only?
You can pray for anything you want, but it is an old saying';God helps them that helps themselves';. If she made that statement, which I haven't seen,or heard, I don't believe she means to actually pray to your god, but to ';Hope'; that the companies are wise enough to build one.It is more profitable to sent the oil overseas,re route it to another country, then charge the US a higher price.Look at the Alaska pipeline put in years ago. That government shipped it to Japan instead of the US.
Oh geez (to some of the answers).





No it is not blasphemous to ask God to give something that may (or may not) bring financial prosperity to a community. In fact, GOD wants us to ask for things, whether it is material or not, as money is a provision as we don't barter anymore (at least not in the industrialized countries).





However God has the full power to either let it happen or to never let it happen...
Anyone who is a true follower of Jesus--not a ';Christian'; as they sometime define themselves--would be embarrassed to pray for any material goods or wealth or possessions. Prayer should be to ask God for strength, for wisdom, for good health, etc.--not for a Cadillac or a pipeline.
No it's not. She did not take the name of God in vain. She prayed that God's will be done.





Obama's prayer inserted into the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem was along the same lines of asking for God's will to be done:





';Lord,





Protect my family and me. Forgive me my sins and help me guard against pride and despair.





Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just.





And make me an instrument of your will.';






I'm a Christian Democrat and she can pray for whatever she wants. But true Christians don't pray for materialistic things. You pray to God to protect your family, friends or you pray for God to give you the strength to make it through this year...not to build a pipeline...
Absolutely.








It is even more blasphemous to have imprecatory prayer for McCain to win election and die so Palin would become a president.
No, it isn't blasphemous. People pray to God for all sorts of things. God says we may ask anything of Him.


He doesn't say He will give it to us.
Goodness No...! We should all pray that the Democrats lead by Pelosi and Reed come to their senses and stop blocking worthy efforts to bring more energy to Americans.
Blasphemous? It is exactly what God WANTS you to do.... pray without ceasing to your Father God always.





Take everything to the throne of grace through Jesus Christ our Lord...
Praying TO the oil companies would be heresy.


Praying FOR them is just a very nice thing to do.
Only a secular zealot would ask that question. Christians can pray for anything
The word sorcery traces back to trying to influence god for personal gain. She was spell casting.
it is. in the end it will make money so she is really praying for Money.. that is blasphemous.
Her relationship with God is her business, not mine.
Why would GOD care about oil companies? This shows that Palin


thinks that GOD is listening to her.
Pray to God for whatever you want.
Madness
Ask and you shall receive.
I have a prayer bathrobe.
Is it wrong to pray for rain for the farmers?
I think she meant prey.
Sorry, that question is above my 'pray' grade.
No
any one can pray.don't muslims have prayer rugs
Who am I to judge her for what she asks God? That question is above my pay grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment